Tuesday, November 16, 2010

William and Kate

Embed from Getty Images


According to the interview -  Kate does not mind being called Kate or Catherine, but her family calls her Catherine.  The engagement took place in a lodge in Kenya, and Kate said it was a special moment.  William would not say if he got on his knee, he said that was private.  He said he chose to give his mother's ring to Kate so his mother could be a part of this -- and Kate was honored to have the ring.

Timing was right,  Glad I did it,  Prince William said.  Kate wearing a simple royal blue dress.  (Is this the dress she wore to the wedding two weeks ago.)

Kate is special.  I want to spend the rest of my life with her, William said

Kate: William is a "loving boy friend.  Very supportive."  About marrying into the Royal family:

"It's quite a daunting prospect, but hopefully I'll take it in my stride. William is a great teacher."

"Hopefully, I will take it in my stride, " Kate said.

 "As you may recognise now it is my mother's engagement ring, so of course, it is very special to me, and Kate is very special to me now as well. It is only right the two are put together."


Photo credit: REUTERS

2 comments:

Michelle said...

the British Airways flight direct from Dulles to Heathrow is a lovely one to take overnight - care to join me in a trip to the UK around, oh, say, "spring or summer" next year?!? :-P

this news sure did wake me up. every morning when i wake up i roll over, turn the laptop next to my bed on, and check the american news, followed by british news, then the blogs. so i'm half asleep, not feeling well at all on this dreary, rainy day, and i see a picture as the lead story of Diana's engagement ring. "huh, that looks familiar."

and then, it clicked in my head.

i'm now fully awake & have already watched over a dozen videos from news sources, getting everything i can. hopefully i'll find one video that has all (or at least most) of the interview & the press conference. especially the sit-down interview, since it seems both William & Kate answered more directly & fully rather than giving "politician answers." ;-)

anyway, after the shock wore off i knew i had to pop over to your blog. funny, last night i was looking through one of the booklets i bought from you on ebay not too long ago & was thinking i should email or leave you a comment sometime soon. (in case you didn't know or i forgot to tell you, it was me who bought the two booklets on Prince Charles & St. Margarets and a book - i forget the EXACT title but it was something to do with the Saxe-Coburgs & conspiracy. i haven't gotten to it yet, as i'm reading "Becoming Queen Victoria" at the moment, but i think it's next on my list!)

anyway... back to my internet search for all the news & videos i can find about this long-awaited occasion. :-P all i can say is, IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! ;-)

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

In the summer there are three BA flights from Dulles, as well as two VA, and one or two United.
Cox cable in fairfax has BBC World channel 252 - and BBC world, I watched the Press conference and the interview live on BBC world's site/